In this video, learn how to make changes to a table using Table Tools for adding and removing rows and columns, merging cells, changing individual column widths, and changing cell formatting for selected cells.
- [Instructor] When you add a new table…to a sheet here in Numbers, odds are pretty good…you'll want to make a few modifications…to make it look exactly the way you want.…That's what we're going to do with the table…we added in the previous movie…to our Leaf and Mortar Budget file,…LandMBudget0302, if you're catching up.…We're on the Profit Loss Summary tab.…We just added this table.…We decided we were going to type in the table name…as Annual Budget Overview 2018.…That's just the table name appearing above the table,…which can be hidden.…
You may, instead, want to have it appear inside the table…and be able to format it along with the other cells.…So we're going to start with the table itself…and adding another row above the header row…where we can add this Annual Budget Overview title…and make some cool adjustments.…So let's click anywhere in the first row.…The fastest and easiest way to add additional rows…is to go to the numbers we see down the left for each row,…when you hover over them you do see that dropdown arrow.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.