In this video, learn how to change, remove, and add data in a chart by using the Edit Data References button to reselect data, delete selected data, or even add additional data to your chart.
- [Instructor] When selecting data for a chart…you're creating, whether you select that data…before you insert the chart or after,…you may need to go back and adjust.…Maybe you've included too many rows or columns…and you want to remove some references.…Or maybe you missed something you want to add.…Of course you can do that after the fact.…That's what we're going to do here in our…Leaf & Mortar budget file.…0602 if you're catching up.…We're here on the expense report tab where…we added our column chart, and we decided to go…with these labels advertising through utilities,…and show values for estimated, actual, and…prior year totals.…
But, perhaps we wanted to also include…these up top that we missed.…We have personnel, office,…sales people, operating.…Well, in that case we need to make adjustments.…So click the chart down below anywhere,…and you'll see a button to edit data references.…Click there.…This is going to show you exactly what's being…used in your chart, and this where we go…to make adjustments.…For example, if we wanted to include these rows…
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.