In this video, learn how to import other spreadsheet and document table data into Numbers, both from a table in a Pages document and a workbook containing multiple worksheets in Excel.
- [Instructor] Entering data in a brand new table,…here in Numbers, is one option.…But, here's another scenario.…Perhaps you already have the data elsewhere.…Maybe it's in a pages document…or in an Excel spreadsheet somebody's handed off to you.…In that case you'll want to import it into numbers.…And that's what we're going to do in this movie.…We left off having created this brand new worksheet.…We're going to clear everything…out of here by selecting it all.…Just clicking and dragging and…hitting delete on the keyboard.…
Perhaps we already have this content elsewhere.…Such as in a Pages document.…If you have Pages go ahead and launch it,…and open up this file.…It's called profit loss 0202, you'll…find it in the Chapter 2 folder in your exercise files.…Here's a document that has a table,…and you can see it has the title,…it has the labels, the numbers, even the formulas.…In that case, we can take this content and…copy it into our numbers spreadsheet.…Just click anywhere on the table.…That selects the entire table.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.