In this video, learn how to use a legend and title; resize and rotate charts; add labels and axis markings; show axis and borders, axis titles,and data point labels; and apply trend lines and error bars.
- [Instructor] When you insert a chart…and choose a chart type,…you're presented with default formatting.…And of course, we can customize that…to suit our needs.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our Leaf and Mortar budget file,…0604 if you're catching up.…We're here on the Expense Report tab,…we just changed the chart type to this 3D column chart.…And we're going to apply some formatting…that would apply to any type of chart,…2D, 3D, interactive.…I'm talking about things like a title, legend,…some of the labels that are missing,…getting those back.…
We see gridlines and amounts down the right hand side.…We have a Y axis and an X axis.…We're going to explore all of these options.…We're going to start though by clicking on the chart itself…to select it.…Next, anywhere in the background here,…inside the selected chart,…just click and drag it down to create some space…between our table and our chart.…Now with it still selected,…if we go over to the Inspector, Format selected,…the Chart tab, you can see the different chart styles…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.