In this video, learn how to use 3D formatting options in a chart to change attributes such as depth, lighting, and rotation of a three-dimensional chart.
- [Instructor] 3D charts have their own…set of formatting options that we're…going to explore in this movie…as we continue working with our 3D column-chart here…in our lath and mortar budget file 0605,…if you're catching up.…Just clicking once to select it,…will open up the inspector on the right-hand side,…and now we can scroll to the 3D Scene section.…If it's not expanded, you can click the arrow…to the left of 3D Scene to expand it,…and see that there are some options like the Chart Depth.…
Now we see some default formatting here.…The depth of each column…is set when we changed our chart type to 3D column,…but the Chart Depth has a slider…that we can increase the depth…by dragging it to the right.…Or decrease the depth by dragging it to the left.…So I'm going to go a little further left…than where we started just to make it a little more subtle.…Now 3D also comes with a Lighting Style.…You can see it's Soft Light,…which creates a shadow in the background.…
You can kind of see it there.…Let's click the Soft Light button…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.