In this video, learn how to export a Numbers file—including all sheets—to Microsoft Excel format, select options before exporting, and view the differences in Excel.
- [Instructor] Instead of printing out your sheets…as we did in the previous movie,…you might want to share an electronic version…of your file here in Numbers,…but perhaps the people you're sharing…with don't use Numbers.…There's a popular option out there called Microsoft Excel…that works both on Windows and Mac machines.…Perhaps you want to save your Numbers file…to the Excel format…so everyone will be able to open it up in Excel.…That is an option, but there are things to consider.…We're going to do exactly that…with our Leaf & Mortar Budget file…in LandMBudgetFinal from the Chapter 10 folder…of your Exercise Files.…
Doesn't matter which sheet you're looking at,…we're going to go up to File,…down to Export To, just hover over that.…You'll see the formats you can export…to like PDF, a read-only version,…Comma-Separated Values, older Numbers,…but there it is, the second from the top, Excel.…Choosing this is going to open up…the Export Your Spreadsheet drop-down.…You can see those options again…with Excel highlighted…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.