In this video, learn about your working environment with a quick tour of the user interface, including menus, toolbars, workspace parts, and the context sensitive inspector.
- [Speaker] Well, it's time now to get you comfortable in…your surroundings with a quick tour of…the Numbers user interface.…We're going to do it with a different file,…so if you were following along with me…in the previous movie, we start at this brand new…workbook here with financials and a balance sheet.…We're going to close that up by clicking the close button…in the top left corner.…That closes up this window.…Now we can go to file then new or use the keyboard shortcut…Command N and let's open one up that's going to contain…some different types of objects like a break even analysis…we see in the business category.…
Click choose to start that up.…All right, here we are in the standard user interface…without any customization.…So let's start at the very top where we do see the menu bar.…The menu bar is your standard menu bar, and you can see…the different categories.…There are couple of areas that will come in handy.…For example, the view menu, we can go here to see…what's hidden and what can be shown. Anything that has show…
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.