In this video, learn how to make permanent changes to the user interface to suit your specific needs, such as changing the rulers and guides, adding or removing buttons on the toolbar, or returning to the default toolbar.
- (man teaching) The Numbers user interface we just toured…in the previous movie is customizable.…So you can make changes to suit your needs.…For example, maybe there are buttons…that don't appear on the toolbar…that you wish did. You can add them.…Maybe there are others you don't use, you can remove them.…We're going to take a look at some…of these customizations now as we continue…with any old spreadsheet open up here in Numbers.…We just happen to have this untitled sheet…we started in the previous movie with some analysis.…
And there are multiple objects;…we have tables, we have a chart.…If you click to select a chart…and then click and drag it to move it around,…you're going to see these little guides…and spacers showing up to help you…get things lined up with other objects on your page…or with the center of the page, if you wanted to.…Those are guides that can be adjusted,…part of the customization of your user interface.…So, let's take a look at some of them now.…We'll start by going up to the Numbers menu…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.