In this video, learn how to change cell and border formatting, including colors, line style, and thickness for a table outline, as well as colors, line styles, and thickness for gridlines inside a table.
- [Instructor] When you create a table here in Numbers…and use one of the default styles to get started…you may end up with a table that you'd like to modify.…In other words, you may want to change up the border…that goes around the outside of the table,…known as the outline,…or change up the lines on the inside, known as gridlines,…even cells can be formatted…with shading and borders themselves.…So let's take a look at borders and outlines…as we continue working with our Leaf and Mortar budget…0303 if you're catching up.…
Now just keep in mind that we do have at the top…a cell that's been merged,…we have a header row across the top with labels,…and a header column down the left.…And the shading that we see,…even the banded rows that we see,…or alternating colors for our rows,…all came with the style.…We'll talk more about styles…in the next chapter in great detail.…Right now though we're going to make our own adjustments.…We'll start by clicking anywhere inside the table…and focus on the outline,…which looks to be a thin gray line.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.