In this video, learn how to change cell and border formatting, including colors, line style, and thickness for a table outline, as well as colors, line styles, and thickness for gridlines inside a table.
- [Instructor] When you create a table here in Numbers…and use one of the default styles to get started…you may end up with a table that you'd like to modify.…In other words, you may want to change up the border…that goes around the outside of the table,…known as the outline,…or change up the lines on the inside, known as gridlines,…even cells can be formatted…with shading and borders themselves.…So let's take a look at borders and outlines…as we continue working with our Leaf and Mortar budget…0303 if you're catching up.…
Now just keep in mind that we do have at the top…a cell that's been merged,…we have a header row across the top with labels,…and a header column down the left.…And the shading that we see,…even the banded rows that we see,…or alternating colors for our rows,…all came with the style.…We'll talk more about styles…in the next chapter in great detail.…Right now though we're going to make our own adjustments.…We'll start by clicking anywhere inside the table…and focus on the outline,…which looks to be a thin gray line.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.