In this video, learn how to create media placeholders for a custom template to provide locations for users to add their own media, such as images and video.
- Just before we save our file as a template…there's one more thing we can do…to help our users when it comes to data input.…We can use placeholders.…Placeholders can be for text, they can also be for media.…So if we wanted people to add their own images…instead of the ones we provided or to change text,…year by year for example.…Let's go to the profit loss summary of our…Leaf & Mortar budget file here, 0903 if you're catching up.…Where it says Leaf & Mortar Annual Budget 2018,…they can go in there and change that…but if they forget, next year in 2019, what happens?…Well, in this case, we might want to create…placeholder text that forces them to change what is there.…
And what text appears there can be instructions…like "enter year here" or something like that.…So we'll start with a text placeholder…by going here to this title.…Double click and select 2018 and let's type "Enter Year".…That's going to be our placeholder text so we'll select it.…To define it as placeholder text,…we go to the format menu all the way down…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.