In this video, learn how to start the process of creating a new spreadsheet and adding the three basic types of content—text or labels, numbers, and calculations, such as formulas and functions.
- [Narrator] Well it's time now to begin the…creation process here in Numbers, and…we're going to start with some very…basic spreadsheet fundamentals.…If you're a seasoned veteran of spreadsheet…applications like Numbers, or maybe even Excel,…you might consider skipping this movie.…We're going to close up anything we might have open,…clicking the Close button in the top left corner.…Next, we'll go up to File, and New, or use…Command+N, and we're going to start from scratch.…So, you can click Basic over here on the…left in the template chooser, select Blank,…and click Choose.…
That starts us off with a blank sheet.…I'm going to expand my window by clicking and…dragging the borders so it fills the entire screen.…And you can see there's a single…table that's added to Sheet 1.…It doesn't have a title, it does…have a little bit of formatting.…It has this shaded row at the top, a header row,…as well as a column on the left,…known as a header column.…And now all we have to do is start adding the content.…There's three basic types of data you will…
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.