In this video, learn how to start the process of creating a new spreadsheet and adding the three basic types of content—text or labels, numbers, and calculations, such as formulas and functions.
- [Narrator] Well it's time now to begin the…creation process here in Numbers, and…we're going to start with some very…basic spreadsheet fundamentals.…If you're a seasoned veteran of spreadsheet…applications like Numbers, or maybe even Excel,…you might consider skipping this movie.…We're going to close up anything we might have open,…clicking the Close button in the top left corner.…Next, we'll go up to File, and New, or use…Command+N, and we're going to start from scratch.…So, you can click Basic over here on the…left in the template chooser, select Blank,…and click Choose.…
That starts us off with a blank sheet.…I'm going to expand my window by clicking and…dragging the borders so it fills the entire screen.…And you can see there's a single…table that's added to Sheet 1.…It doesn't have a title, it does…have a little bit of formatting.…It has this shaded row at the top, a header row,…as well as a column on the left,…known as a header column.…And now all we have to do is start adding the content.…There's three basic types of data you will…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.