In this video, learn how to copy text from another application—such as a document or website—into a text box in Numbers, and apply formatting to the text and the text box to improve its appearance.
- [Instructor] Sometimes when adding text…to a sheet here in Numbers,…you'll create your text box and type that text in.…On other occasions you may have the text…already existing elsewhere,…such as on a website or in a document,…and you can copy and paste that text…into your text box here in Numbers,…that's what we're going to do.…There are some options to consider.…We'll continue working with our Leaf and Mortar Budget file,…0802 if you're catching up.…We just added this nice looking text box…up here at the top for our title.…
I'm going to click and drag that down…so the bottoms line up here with my exchange rate.…Click in the background, that looks good.…That's a single line of text.…When working with lots of text,…there are some other options to consider.…Let's say we want to add some information…down here in this white space…that talks about Leaf and Mortar, the company.…So we'll add our text box by clicking the text button,…there it is again in the center of our screen,…we can click and drag it down over here to the right.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.