In this video, learn how to change a chart from one type to another, experimenting with 2D and 3D chart types as you apply them to an existing chart previously created using existing table data.
- [Narrator] When you insert a brand new chart here in…Numbers as we did at the beginning of this chapter…you are forced to choose a chart type and the chart type…is going to be based on the type of data you are working…with such as what we are working with here in our…leaf and mortar budget file 0603 if you're catching up.…You really don't get a feel for what that's really going…to look like until you insert the chart.…What if there is a better chart type?…You can always go back and change chart types as we…are going to do in this movie.…
We will start by selecting the chart itself, just click…once anywhere on the chart, you can see the handles…around the outside.…Next we will go to the inspector, make sure format and…chart are selected.…If we want to change the chart style that's not really…changing the chart type, it's just the color scheme…we see, for example we could go to a more muted look if…we wanted to, some faded colors.…Let's just stick with the original color scheme and you…can see the chart colors down below.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.