In this video, learn how to change a chart from one type to another, experimenting with 2D and 3D chart types as you apply them to an existing chart previously created using existing table data.
- [Narrator] When you insert a brand new chart here in…Numbers as we did at the beginning of this chapter…you are forced to choose a chart type and the chart type…is going to be based on the type of data you are working…with such as what we are working with here in our…leaf and mortar budget file 0603 if you're catching up.…You really don't get a feel for what that's really going…to look like until you insert the chart.…What if there is a better chart type?…You can always go back and change chart types as we…are going to do in this movie.…
We will start by selecting the chart itself, just click…once anywhere on the chart, you can see the handles…around the outside.…Next we will go to the inspector, make sure format and…chart are selected.…If we want to change the chart style that's not really…changing the chart type, it's just the color scheme…we see, for example we could go to a more muted look if…we wanted to, some faded colors.…Let's just stick with the original color scheme and you…can see the chart colors down below.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Creating basic spreadsheets
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Adding and modifying tables
- Working with content in table cells
- Using and modifying table cells
- Using formulas and functions
- Working with charts, text, numbers, and objects
- Designing templates
- Sharing spreadsheets
Skill Level Beginner
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.