In this video, get an overview of charts and learn how to add them to a spreadsheet, either by selecting the data after inserting the chart, or by selecting the data before adding the chart.
- [Instructor] Sometimes when working…with tables here in Numbers, especially tables…with a lot of different numerical data,…it's difficult to look at that data and analyze it,…to pick up on trends, or patterns for example.…That's where a visual or graphical representation…of your data comes in handy and that means creating charts.…That's what we're going to focus on in this chapter…beginning with inserting a simple chart in this movie,…and we'll continue to work with our Leaf and Mortar…budget file 0601 if you're catching up.…
Let's just start by moving some tables…around to create some space for our chart.…I'm going to go to the budget meeting checklist,…just click inside, then go up here…to the selection handle and just drag it down.…Same thing for annual budget overview.…Click anywhere, then click the handle and drag it down.…Now we can go to the Exchange Rate…and move it up and over and in fact I'm going to click…that selection handle so I can stretch this out…to make it look nice and neat.…There we go.…
- Recall how to customize the user interface.
- Explain how to save a spreadsheet.
- Describe how to customize table cells and borders.
- Cite the steps for adding an image to a cell.
- Distinguish between different functions and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to format general chart attributes.
- Describe how to use interactive charts.
- Cite how to insert hyperlinks into a document.
- Recall how to add and arrange images.
- Summarize how to collaborate with iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Work with Spreadsheets
3. Work with Tables
4. Work with Table Styles
5. Use Formulas and Functions
6. Work with Charts
7. Work with Text and Numbers
8. Work with Objects
9. Create Templates
10. Share Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.