Join Charles Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Notebook basics, part of NumPy Data Science Essential Training.
- [Narrator] In this video,…I'll describe basic features…of Jupyter interactive Notebooks.…If you'd like more information about basics,…you can navigate to this URL.…And this is part of the Jupyter Notebook home page.…I'll provide a little bit of context…about developing and using Notebooks.…For example, suppose you wanted to create…a notebook for brain teasers.…Simple problems that you'd like to present to users.…One way of doing this would be to create a series…of mark down or narrative cells…interspersed with live cells, or code cells.…
The basic idea being that…you would pose a question to people…who are using your notebook,…and the people who are using the notebook…would have the opportunity to either type…into a live cell,…or go to another source and cut and paste information…into the cell.…Or if you were providing solutions entirely,…the viewer could simply look at your final site…and read and learn in that fashion.…So, you or any other user,…are welcome to type as much as you'd like.…
And if you're a tactile learner,…
- Using Jupyter Notebook
- Creating NumPy arrays from Python structures
- Slicing arrays
- Using Boolean masking and broadcasting techniques
- Plotting in Jupyter notebooks
- Joining and splitting arrays
- Rearranging array elements
- Creating universal functions
- Finding patterns
- Building magic squares and magic cubes with NumPy and Python
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Create NumPy Arrays
3. Index, Slice, and Iterate
4. Plots: Matplotlib and Pyplot
5. Manipulate Arrays
6. Short Examples
7. Extended Examples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.