- [Instructor] The Processed Foreground Technique…retains an amazing amount of fine edge detail…like hair because the edges are not darkened or lost…by a pre-multiply operation from a key.…The edges are actually defined by the spill map…instead of a key.…So let's see how it works.…We'll cruise in here,…starting with our green screen,…the obligatory de-noise of course.…First we do a spill suppression.…Again, you can use any spill suppression…method you like.…Now, if we take the original image…and subtract it from the spill suppressed image,…we'll get the spill map.…
This is all the spill that's gonna be removed…from the plate by your spill suppression technique.…Now, notice that it's removing spill…off of the characters.…This is gonna be important in a minute.…Alright, so the next thing we do,…is we take the spill map…and we shuffle it to become a three channel…RGB image like so.…We'll just put green, green, green, green.…And now, we have a three channel version…of our spill map.…Next, we need to punch out the core…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.