Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of NUKE Compositing: Sci-Fi Force Field.
- If you're a premium member of lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. These exercise files can be found on the Exercise Files tab on the Main Course Page. Here is the Exercise Files folder downloaded to my Desktop. If you open it, you can see folders for each chapter, which contain the NUKE script used in the videos. Each video starts with the NUKE script of the same name, then builds on it.
As a result, if you wanna see the finished version of a video's NUKE script, you would open the following NUKE script. All of the NUKE scripts use relative addressing. So if you leave the scripts in their original folders, all of the media will link up. All of the media is in this Media folder. There are two map paintings, a green screen folder with the green screen frames, and a QuickTime movie of the finished shot. If you're a monthly member or annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets.
Let's get started.
- Building a doorway animation
- Pulling the key
- Making garbage mattes
- Compositing the character in the scene
- Creating the force field effect
- Setting the timing
- Creating and positioning emitters
- Adding interactive lighting
- Refining the final look