- [Narrator] With the shadows properly adjusted,…we can now turn our attention to spill suppression.…The Spill tab contains all the adjustments…for refining Ultimatte's superb spill suppression.…By default, it's enabled.…Let's take a look at the umbrella.…Since it's a semi-transparent object,…it's heavily influenced by the spill suppression.…First of all, watch what happens…when I enable and disable the spill suppression.…By default, the spill suppression is enabled…and normally, you're going to leave it that way.…We have adjustments here that can be used to…dial-in the spill suppression.…
Either increase it, or decrease it in…the cool, warm, midtones, brights, darks.…Any part of the picture you want.…Watch what happens when I adjust the cool.…Keep in mind that that umbrella is kind of a cool color,…as far a color temperature goes.…Now, moving it to the right means…I am pulling out more blue.…I am increasing the amount of spill suppression.…Moving it to the left, I am reducing…the amount of spill suppression, so it turns more blue.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.