- [Instructor] In this video,…we'll look at the workflow when using an Additive Keyer…with an Uberkey.…How to build an Additive Keyer…was covered in detail in Chapter six…so here we'll have just a quick review.…So let's start with just a very quick overview…of our Uberkey, again, the green screen and the Denoise.…From here, we pull the soft key with Keylight,…which of course we got some noise out here in the backing…and a lack of solid core.…So from there, just did the usual dilate and firming up,…and use that with a multiply to clean the backing region.…
So this is before, oh, let me gamma up the Viewer…so that's before and that's after the Garbage Matte.…Okay, so addressing our flaky core,…on a separate branch used Primatte,…my favorite heavy core keyer, and did the usual Blurs,…and Grades, and Erodes, and Blurs…to create a inner core matte and we did a union.…So now if we toggle that on and off…we can see the effectiveness of the core matte…and, again, we want…to make sure we're not expanding our edges anywhere.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.