- [Steve] Getting a good, clean screen…is key in the screen correction method,…but the IBKColor node can be a bit twitchy to adjust.…So here we'll take a closer look at…how to properly adjust the IBKColor node.…This will also be a big help…when you're using the IBK Keyer.…So this first plate exhibits considerable vignetting,…and you can see it's nice and dark around the corners here.…So as the character moves back and forth,…we have an uneven backing color,…which is gonna harass our keying.…So, again, the first step is the denoise,…and the reason we have to do that…is because the IBKColor node,…let me open this guy up and switch him from blue to green,…applies a blur to the plate.…
In fact, this side right here is he blur size.…So the denoise node removes the grain…that this is gonna remove anyway,…because we need to pull two identical keys.…So the IBKColor node blur requires us…to do a matching denoise.…Okay, so let's dial this puppy in.…Our mission is, we want to get ride of…all the coloration out here,…and shrink our black patch down…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.