Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Stack IBKColor nodes for cleaner clean plates, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- Our clean plate requirements for screen correction…are just to build the edge regions…and not make a totally clean plate.…However, if you do want to…make a totally clean plate for some reason,…you might get better results…by stacking the IBK color nodes.…So, we'll start with this two K badly vignetted here,…gamma down the viewer so you can see…my corners are really bad.…So, I really need a clean plate for this guy…if I want to do screen correction.…So, we'll start by attaching an IBK color node here.…
We'll of course set it for green.…I'll drop the size down to like four,…as an opening gambit,…maybe even touch up the erode to two…before I even begin dialing.…So let's go dialing for colors here.…So I'm gonna raise my dark reds…until I decay the outer perimeter.…So I'll back off.…I'll raise the greens,…that goes the wrong way so let me go the other way.…That's not helping so I'll put that back.…
Try the blue…and that quickly derodes my corners, alright.…So let's switch over to the lights…and see if we have better luck here.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nukewith Mark Lefitz2h 24m Intermediate
NUKE Compositing: Sci-Fi Force Fieldwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.