Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Spill suppression with the Hue Correct node, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Male Narrator] The hue correct node…is actually a general color correcting node…that's also used for spill suppression.…It does a good job, so Nuke does not have…a dedicated despill node.…Here we'll see how the hue correct node works…and then how to use it for spill suppression.…We'll start by looking at this little rainbow that I made,…and we'll hook up a hue correct node by going to…the color tab and sliding on down to hue correct.…And hooks it right in and opens up…the hue correct property panel.…
The idea of the hue correct node is…this rainbow of hues here reflects…which hue you're on in the screen,…and that's the range of colors that you'll be influencing.…Now I've made this special gradient here.…Watch what happens as I move my cursor across this gradient.…You see, you can see the yellow hue bar moving with it.…So the hue bar is telling you…exactly where you are on the hue rainbow.…If I come down here to the very dark part of it,…you can see it still is reporting a hue,…even though it looks practically black,…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.