Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Screen correction with a processed background, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Instructor] For the prettiest edges in all the land…I like using screen correction…with a processed foreground technique.…Fine detail, like hair, is beautifully preserved,…and the colors look very natural.…So, let's take a quick peek at the screen correction.…I have a little thing here to show you.…We covered screen correction in…Chapter two, Pre-processing the Greenscreen,…so if you're not sure, go back and check it out.…So, the little thing that's different is right here.…Normally, you might just have one IBKColor node,…but sometimes you'll have trouble dialing that in,…so I have found a very effective technique is to,…starting right up here with our Denoise.…
First, I use a reformat node to scale it down.…I've even gone as much as one-quarter resolution.…So you can see right here this is half res from our HD 1070.…Then, with a smaller resolution,…the IBKColor node becomes a lot easier to dial in.…Now, separately is I've got a stack of IBKColors,…that's a second point.…Here's what's goin' on there.…So, with a black patch set to four…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke (2012)with Mark Lefitz2h 24m Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.