Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Screen correction with adaptive despill, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we'll look at using screen correction…with my adaptive despill technique.…This combination works especially well…since the uniform backing from the screen correction…makes the adaptive despill work even better.…So let's take a quick cruise…up here at the screen correction.…Now we've done this before, in Chapter Two:…Pre-processing the green screen,…we have several tutorials on this.…But I just wanted to show you…that even though this is…an unusually uniform green screen,…the adaptive despill…actually is doing a little bit of repair,…even on a screen as good as this.…
Here, let me dial in my viewer gamma for you here.…So you can see in the original green screen,…this area's kinda dark and you have a little seam there,…but when I switch to the screen correction…the defect goes away.…So this whole area is gonna turn the background dark…if we don't do something about it.…Alright, so viewer back to normal.…So that is our lovely screen correction right here.…Now we follow that…up here, over there, and down to here,…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.