- [Instructor] Discolored edge pixels…can literally be replaced by extending…the adjacent good pixels to replace them.…In this first of two videos,…we'll see how the technique works.…Then in the next video, we'll see it applied to a real shot.…Here we have a hideous edge on our premultiplied object…that shows up in the comp.…Now taking a look at the original premultiplied object,…we can see the discolored edge here…and there's our Alpha channel.…
In fact we can take a look at the unpremultiplied version…of it here and we can really see…the discolored pixels on the edge.…Starting back with our original object,…we push in here to this grade node…where we're trimming the edge of the Alpha channel…to get it inside of the discolored pixels.…Push in a little closer.…Let me show you that grade node here.…
The black point, I'm using the black point…to trim the outer edges of the anti-aliased pixels…in order to tuck in the Alpha channel underneath them…because I wanna trim away all these ugly pixels here,…and I trim them away right here…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.