- [Narrator] In the previous video,…we saw the theory of operation…for the edge extension technique.…Here we'll see it applied to a real world shot.…Note that this technique does not affect…the edges of your key at all,…so no loss of edge detail.…So here's our setup.…We'll push in here.…Starting with our green screen plate.…I use Keylight, just pull a basic key.…And of course we do our spill suppression.…And this Copy node brings them together…so we now have our uber key, if you will,…with our best spill suppression.…
And we perform our premult operation.…In fact, you can actually see the ugly edges right there.…Now if I perform an unpremult on this,…you can see the ugly edge pixels restored…to their original values.…What we want to do is replace these grey pixels…with red pixels from the hat by pushing them out.…So let's get started.…So coming back here to our premult operation.…
We'll come over to this Grade node.…Let me open that up for you here.…Open up Mr. Grade node, switch to the alpha channel.…What I'm doing is I'm tucking that alpha channel in…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.