- In the last video I promised you marker removal heaven,…where we would remove all tracking markers and solve…the problem of the talent crossing over the markers…using one single magical process: screen correction.…So what I have here is a very worst case clip,…uneven lighting across the green screen,…lots of tracking markers,…and a character who just loves to cross in front of them.…Also motion blur, watch this leg,…oh my god look at that.…
So this is going to be a terrible problem.…We get hit here and here and here.…So this character is gonna have a lot…of marker crossing issues.…So let's see how we can solve this.…I used exactly the same technique that I showed you…in the previous videos for screen correction.…Very important now, the constant node that provides…the reference for our screen correction,…I got by gamma down the viewer,…and finding this hot spot.…
So, it's colored for the hot spot remover,…that's one of the rules.…It has to be colored for the brightest part…of the green screen.…Okay so, we'll start here,…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.