Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Primatte: New features in Primatte V, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Steve] Primatte V introduces four powerful new tools…that speed up the keying process…and improve result by providing new tools…to solve old problems.…Let's check this out.…Start over here, with the Auto-Compute.…By the way,…all these images are in the Tutorial Assets folder.…We'll open up our Primatte node,…and the first feature we'll look at is the Auto-Compute.…This is a brand new algorithm that is very effective.…You can get a great key very quickly.…
First, I'm gonna increase the size of our viewer area,…so that we can see more pictures.…There we go.…Then click the Auto-Compute button.…And there's our alpha channel.…Wow.…It automatically selects the background color,…and does a cleanup on the foreground and the background.…Note that the operation has already been set up…for being foreground noise.…So, it's done all three of these, for you, automatically.…You can now move directly to keying refinements…and spill suppression.…
Put our viewer back to RGB.…Let's take a look at the new…Smart Select Background Color feature.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke (2012)with Mark Lefitz2h 24m Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.