- [Instructor] Next, we'll take a look at…how you control matte transparency.…And, again, we have two completely different tools.…We'll go to the operations list,…and we have the matte sponge,…and the matte plus and minus.…And these work in completely different ways.…We'll start with the matte sponge.…The matte sponge is used to define those part of…the foreground that are to be 100% opaque.…Cursor in the viewer,…switch to the alpha channel, and look-y here.…This is not supposed to be transparent.…
So, if I do a click and drag on this part of the picture,…I'm saying that this is to be 100% opaque.…What I've been adjusting here is the medium poly.…Form this poly out is 100% solid white core matte.…This, of course, is your grey scale or transition zone,…and from this point in, that's 100% black.…Back to our picture.…Let's say I want the hair to a little more opaque.…I wouldn't use the matte sponge because that will…blast it to completely solid.…So, we'll use matte plus,…which means I want to increase the matte density.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.