Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Primatte: Auto-Compute and advanced spill suppression, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Instructor] I've restarted NUKE now,…so I can show you the auto-compute feature of Primatte.…We'll need a fresh new Primatte node,…so we'll select the green screen.…Go to the gear tab.…Select a Primatte which hooks up to the green screen…and connect up the backing.…Now here's the auto-compute button.…What it does is you click that button.…Primatte does a little analysis…of your screen and figures out…that it's a green screen or a blue screen.…And it whips up a quick matte for you like this.…Voila!…And there's the alpha channel.…
Still got some issues but not bad for one click.…Below the auto-compute are these two sliders,…one for the background factor…and one for the foreground factor.…Here's how those work.…We'll switch our viewer to the alpha channel.…And I'll zoom in real tight over here.…The background factor is where the matte…meets the black, what Primatte calls the detail.…If I move that way down here…and then re-auto-compute, you see the detail improved.…
I'll go the other way and redo auto-compute.…Now the detail chopped way in.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nukewith Mark Lefitz2h 24m Intermediate
NUKE Compositing: Sci-Fi Force Fieldwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.