Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video KEYLIGHT: Masking, fine-tuning, and spill suppression, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Male Narrator] You can add holdout and…garbage mattes to Keylight,…as well as crop the green screen.…You can play along too by getting these two images…out of the Keylight media folder.…The crop feature in Keylight is mainly used…when you have a situation like this,…where the green screen doesn't fill the entire frame.…So let's take a look at how it's used.…With this selected, we'll go to the keyer tab…add the Keylight node, and it hooks into the source input,…and hook up the background input.…
Now, unfold the crops menu, and here we set…the left, right, top, and bottom margins of the crop,…the color of the crop, and how we're gonna do the crop.…I'll start by setting the edge color to a bright red.…That'll make it easier to follow.…I move the left slider here…to define the left edge of the crop,…and the right slider to move the right edge of the crop.…And of course we have a bottom and a top slider.…The idea is to set the edge color to match…the color of the green screen.…And we can do that by turning on the eyedropper,…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nukewith Mark Lefitz2h 24m Intermediate
NUKE Compositing: Sci-Fi Force Fieldwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.