- [Teacher] Using the AddMix node…for the actual composite adds another…level of edge control which is good.…However, it's a global solution,…so whatever you do to fix one edge…will be applied to all of the other edges…whether you like it or not.…Well, let's start by seeing how the AddMix node works.…So I have a little setup for you here.…I got a green screen.…I did my spill suppression.…I brought in my key.…You can see it right there.…And here's my background.…I've got it on this little toggle guy,…so I can change backgrounds real quick.…
And we bring in the alpha channel.…So I have the alpha channel also…behind the background.…So, let's push and I've mocked up…the internal workings of an AddMix node for you.…So, here's our foreground layer…with the alpha channel,…and then we send that into a premult,…and that's exactly what we expect.…Now, here's the background layer.…It has the same alpha channel.…So when we do the premult,…we get the wrong thing because the…polarity of the alpha channel is wrong for this layer.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.