Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video IBK keyer: Keying and compositing, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Steve] This is Steve Wright for the Foundry…with a tutorial on Nuke's IBK Keyer,…a powerful proprietary blue screen and green screen Keyer…developed at Digital Domain.…Its main virtue is that it's specifically designed…to cope with the non-uniform backing regions…we so often encounter with blue screen…and green screen shots.…It does this by not setting the backing region…to a single color value,…like most other Keyers,…but instead generates a clean plate…that preserves the color variations of the backing region,…then uses this clean plate to create the key.…
The IBK Keyer consists of two nodes,…the IBKColour, which creates our clean plate,…and the IBKGizmo, which pulls the key.…You'll find these two nodes in the Keyer popup…right here, IBKGizmo, IBKColour.…Here we're gonna just take a look at the basic node setup.…We start by feeding the green screen plate…into the IBKColour node,…the IBKColour node then pulls the clean plate.…This clean plate becomes the input to the IBKGizmo node…on the C input.…
The green screen comes in on the foreground input,…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nukewith Mark Lefitz2h 24m Intermediate
NUKE Compositing: Sci-Fi Force Fieldwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.