- [Instructor] If the despill coming out of a keyer…is a problem,…there's no way to mask off the spill supression…inside the keyer…so the only solution is to fix the artifacts downstream.…So let's cruise in here and take a look at what we've got.…So here's our original green screen…and here, the keyer has done the spill suppression damage…on the yellow that we're worried about.…Again, I'm not picking on Keylight.…They all do it.…I'm just using this as an example.…So what I want to do is find my spill map.…
So I'll subtract the despilled image…from the original green screen…with this Merge node set for minus.…So there's my spill map.…So what I want to do is isolate the part of the spill map…that's doing the damage and then add it back in.…So we'll draw a little roto here…to isolate the region in question.…I'll use this Grade node to mask off everything…except the bad stuff that I want to add back.…Close that.…
Then we add this to our original Keylight like so.…So now you can see I put back…not quite all of it.…Just to make sure that we're dead nuts on…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.