Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video How the IBKColor assist works, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Narrator] Sometimes, you just can't make…the IBK color node cover everything you want.…In the last video, you saw me struggle…to get the remnants of these feathers covered,…and I didn't quite make it.…So here we'll see how to give the IBK color node an assist.…So here is me trying to pull an IBK color…on the original plate,…and you can see I've got some leftover colors,…which I'd like to get rid of.…So how do we give it an assist?…Starting back with the green screen, we pull a hard key.…
It has to be a hard key.…We want nothing here in the backing region…and we want gamma slammed down,…no holes in our foreground, okay?…We're not trying to pull a pretty key.…We need a hard key.…Once we have the hard key,…the next step is to take it and dilate it to expand it…and make it a little larger.…We then pipe it over here as the mask input…to a key mix node and do this,…we comp in the complimentary color to the backing region.…
For a green screen, we open this up.…You can see my green screen color wheel here…and on the other side is the magenta…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nukewith Mark Lefitz2h 24m Intermediate
NUKE Compositing: Sci-Fi Force Fieldwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.