- [Voiceover] Now that we've seen the nature…of grain and noise,…we can now turn our attention to how it impacts…a key pulled on a greenscreen versus a bluescreen.…We'll also take a look at Spill Suppression…and how it differs between the two types of backing colors.…What I have here is a crop out of a greenscreen…and I've put this gray circle in here so we can…key it out and study the grain structure.…And I did that for the greenscreen…and the bluescreen.…We're going to compare apples to apples here.…
So let's open up the Keylight node,…turn on the eyedrop,…and I'm going to sample right here.…Okay, we'll switch to the Alpha Channel.…And to get rid of the noise out here,…I'm going to simply dial up the Screen Gain.…Now when I increase the Screen Gain,…I'm getting rid of the noise out here.…But I am also,…let's cruise in here,…choking in on the matte.…See that?…Okay, so we want to keep this to a minimum.…So we'll just dial that in and…make it mostly go away, okay.…
We're not trying to get rid of all of it,…just most of it.…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.