Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of VFX Keying: Master Course.
- [Instructor] If you're a Premium Member, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. The exercise files can be found under the Downloads tab at the top of the course page. Select Exercise Files from the popup menu, where you will see two Exercise Files folders. Download the first one for the main keying course. The second one is only needed if you're doing the keyer tutorials in the Chapter 12 Appendix. Here's the Exercise Files folder downloaded to my desktop. If you open it, you'll see the folders for each chapter that contain the NUKE scripts used in the videos.
The Media folder contains all the media for the main course. The Chapter 12 keyer tutorials have their own Media folder. All of the NUKE scripts are set up with relative addressing, so NUKE will automatically connect all the media on your machine as long as you leave the NUKE scripts and media together in the Exercise Files folder. You can move the entire Exercise Files folder anywhere you want, just be sure not to move any of the files or directories outside of the folder.
If you have a Basic Membership, you don't have access to the Exercise Files, but you can still learn a lot by just watching the videos, or working with your own media. So, let's get started.
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.