Join Steve Wright for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing geometry with the EditGeo node, part of Nuke New Features Consolidated.
- [Narrorator] The EditGeo node allows you to…edit vertices and faces of your 3-D geometry.…Not suitable for modeling a T-Rex, of course,…but it can come in handy when you need to…tweek the shape of a 3-D object.…We'll start by selecting the sphere,…and adding an EditGeo node from:…3-D,…Modify,…EditGeo.…So, we'll start with a simple translation demonstration.…I'm going to switch the viewer to ortho-x, a side view.…
Zoom in a little bit.…I'll set the viewer selection controls to vertex.…Now, if I select all of these vertices here,…I did not disable the occlusion.…So, if I switch back to a perspective view,…I only got one quarter of the sphere.…Let's try that again.…Back to the side view. Deselect.…Now, I'll disable occlusion testing,…so that I can get both sides in one bite.…
Alright, back to perspective.…Now, I have the entire half of the sphere selected.…Okay, back to an ortho view.…The EditGeo node adds these axis' here.…So I can grab the z-axis, for example,…and pull it out like this.…And now, when I switch to node selection, the normal view,…
- RayRender workflow
- Creating a flipbook
- Adding drop shadows to text
- New EXR 2 file features
- Assessing the context-sensitive help
- Creating a morph
- Working with audio tracks
- Refining the key
- Multipass keying
- Converting a group to a gizmo
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D Rendering Tips for NUKEwith Craig Whitaker1h 31m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
1. Nuke 10 New Features
2. Nuke 9 New Features
3. Nuke 8 New Features
4. Nuke 7 New Features
5. Nuke 6.3 New Features
6. Nuke 6 New Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.