- [Instructor] This is the Chapter 12 Appendix,…Keyer Tutorials where I've collected…all of the keyer tutorials from my other NUKE Courses…to save you the time and trouble of searching for them.…Now, these keyer tutorials were recorded…over a span of a few years…with several different versions of NUKE.…While the version of NUKE might be a bit dated,…the information about the keyers is not,…so the videos are still valid.…The one exception is Primatte.…A couple of years after I recorded the Primatte tutorials,…Primatte5 was released with some nifty new features,…so I did a make-up video…called Primatte: New Features in Primatte5.…
So first watch all three of the original Primatte videos.…Then watch the Primatte5 last.…The exercise files for this Chapter 12 Appendix…are separate from those in main course.…If you have a premium membership,…you can download them for the Keyer Tutorials.…For the videos in the main course,…the exercise file names are posted onscreen…using a banner graphic.…That was not the procedure at the time these were recorded,…
Note: This course was created by Steve Wright, author of the seminal book, Digital Compositing for Film and Video. We are proud to host this course in our library.
- Creating an uber key
- Keying green-screen vs. blue-screen footage
- Preprocessing footage
- Building a clean plate
- Making luma keys
- Keying on hue and saturation
- Pasting keys together
- Grain management
- Saving time with garbage mattes
- Using spill suppression
- Improving edges
- Color correcting keys
- Sweetening the comp
- Alternative compositing workflows
- Fixing edge problems
- Using KEYLIGHT, Primatte, Ultimatte, and other tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Compositing a Sci-Fi Force Field in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 12m Intermediate
Compositing an Alien Portal in NUKEwith Steve Wright2h 20m Intermediate
1. Keying Workflows
2. Pre-Processing the Green Screen
3. Other Types of Keys
4. Building the Uber Key
5. Spill Suppression
6. Compositing Techniques
7. Color Correcting
How to match grade two clips4m 15s
8. Workflow Examples
9. Sweetening the Comp
10. Fixing Edge Problems
11. Special Keying Solutions
12. Appendix: Keyer Tutorials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.