Nuke 5 Essential Training
Nuke 5 Essential Training was created and produced by Steve Wright. We are honored to host his material in the lynda.com Online Training Library®.
Nuke 5 Essential Training is designed for digital artists already familiar with compositing visual effects using programs like Adobe After Effects or Shake. This course provides a solid foundation in operating Nuke, using the core functions of keying, motion tracking, and color correcting, as well as Nuke’s key strength, 3D compositing. Tour the Nuke user interface, its unique color management system, and overviews of HDR images, masking, keyframe animation, and 2D and 3D motion blur. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Navigating the Nuke 5 interface
- Building node trees
- 2D transformations
- Keyframe animation
- Editing animation curves
- Color correcting
- Multi-pass CGI compositing
- Working with Nuke channels
- Bluescreen and greenscreen compositing
- 2D motion tracking
- Math expressions
- 3D compositing
- [Voiceover] This is Steve Wright welcoming you to my lynda.com NUKE Workshop tutorials. In this introductory NUKE workshop we'll be learning all of the basic operations needed to build a shot including keying and get an overview of the 3D compositing. There's also a strong emphasis on those aspects of NUKE that make it unique, so that with these core principals understood, you'll be well equipped to build on them yourself afterwards NUKE runs on Windows, Mac, Linix and Irix but the videos for this workshop were all created using the Mac version.
If you're using Windows, Linux or Irix the only thing you will have to keep in mind is when I use the Command key, you will need to substitute the Control key. These videos were made using NUKE 5.1 but you'll be using 5.2, the latest release from The Foundry so you may notice small differences between your version and the videos. Where there were significant differences the videos were revised to reflect the latest version of NUKE. Just a reminder that if you're using the personal learning edition or the PLE version of NUKE, it does not support the primeart keyer plugin of the frame cycler flipbook plugin.
I hope you will find my workshop very informative and enjoy doing it as much as I did preparing it for you, so let's get started.
Nuke 7 New Features25,554 Views
Nuke 6.3 New Features31,832 Views
Nuke 6 New Features64,380 Views
Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites78,975 Views
Creating a Show Open in Nuke X and CINEMA 4D15,535 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views