NuGet simplifies the installation of code packages. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to take some of your own APIs and libraries and turn them into custom Nuget Packages? That would make them easy to share with your teammates. The good news is you can do this, make your own Nuget Packages. This tutorial looks at creating a private NuGet feed, so that the custom packages are not shared with the larger public feed.
- [Voiceover] You've seen how NuGet simplifies…the install process for code packages.…Wouldn't it be wonderful to take some of your own API's…and libraries and turn them into custom NuGet packages?…That would make it easy to share them with your teammates.…The good news is that you can do this,…make your own NuGet packages,…but here's something to consider.…Some of your packages are meant only for your team…or company employees.…Putting them on the public NuGet gallery…is not an option.…In this video, I'll look at creating…a private NuGet feed, say on a company fileshare.…Let's look at file explorer.…
Here's a local folder on my hard drive.…You'll have a copy of this in your exercise files folder.…I'll open this local NuGet gallery folder.…In the real world, this would be a fileshare…on your company network,…but for this demonstration,…it's just a local folder.…Here's where you'd add your custom NuGet packages.…For my demonstration, I've made some copies…of packages available on the public feed.…Notice that I've got several versions of the packages.…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.