If you are not sure what package to install, or want to see a list of available packages use the FindPackage command. This tutorial explores the FindPackage command available in the NuGet Console. You'll see how to filter the list and look in public and private repositories.
- [Voiceover] I've opened the package…manager console window.…You can always type get-help nuget to get a list…of the commandlets that are available for NuGet.…If you are not sure what package to install,…or want to see a list of the available packages,…use the find-package commandlet.…If you are using an older version of NuGet,…the documentation will tell you to use get-package,…but get-package is outdated and will be removed…in the next version of NuGet.…I'll type in cls, which stands for clear screen,…and then I'll type in find-package.…
And before I press Enter, let's talk…about where this data will come from.…Right now, the default is NuGet.org,…which is Microsoft's public repository.…If I make this call I'll get about 50,000 packages,…and I don't want to do that,…so what I'll do is I'll use my local feed.…This is a private repository I created in an earlier video.…So I choose that in the package source.…Now when I call find-package,…it will search just my local repository.…And I can see there are about 10 packages available.…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.