With Package Restore, the packages can be removed from the project, leaving only the package.config file. During a build, any missing packages are automatically restored. This video shows the Package Restore feature in action in a Visual Studio project.
- [Voiceover] It's time to see PackageRestore in action.…In this solution I have two projects.…I'll start by building the solution to verify…that all the packages are available.…In the output window I don't see any error messages.…I do see that two of my projects are up to date.…Here's what happens when you do a build in Visual Studio.…Visual Studio raises an event.…NuGet responds to that event…by checking for certain files.…It looks for packages.config and project.json.…In my case it'll find packages.config…in this tiny desktop application,…and it'll also find one here in the tiny web.…
Next, it looks through these files…and verifies that every package is available…in the packages folder.…In File Explorer, I'll open that packages folder…and see what we have.…NuGet will verify that AutoMapper, NodaTime,…and NUnit are available, and also boostrap, jQuery,…NodaTime, and NUnit.…Any missing packages are downloaded…from the NuGet repository,…and then they're unzipped into this folder.…Now that we know this, let's remove one of these packages.…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.