There's a third party tool for exploring the contents of the .nupkg file, without have to unzip the files beforehand. The tool, is called Nuget Package Explorer. This video explores this tool showing how to use it to learn more about packages, whether they are located on your local drive or on the public NuGet repository.
- [Voiceover] NuGet packages contain various files.…Earlier in the course I showed the contents…of this packages folder.…This folder's created by NuGet…there's one per solution and within…these folder are a number of subfolders.…One for each package installed.…I'll open the entity framework folder.…When NuGet installs a package,…it makes a copy of this nupkg file…and then unzips the contents and…puts them in these various folders.…There's a third party tool for exploring…the contents of the nupkg file…without having to unzip the files beforehand.…
The tool is called NuGet Package Explorer.…It's also used to create your own custom NuGet packages.…I this video, I'll explore the explorer aspects only.…The first step is to install the explorer.…Go to github.com/NuGetPackageExplorer…and click on this section.…Scroll down to the middle of the page…and click on this link the latest clickonce release.…That will download a file to my computer…click on it here.…And then I'll click on install button.…
That opens NuGet Package Explorer…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.