Chocolatey extends PowerShell with a set of commands. While many of you are command line devotees, some developers prefer to work in a graphical interface when possible. If that describes you then you'll want to install the Chocolatey GUI program. This video shows how to install and use Chocolatey GUI.
- [Voiceover] Chocolatey extends…PowerShell with a number of commands.…You've seen them demonstrated throughout this chapter.…While many of you are command line devotees…I know some developers prefer to work…in a graphical interface when possible.…If that describes you, then you'll want…to install the ChocolateyGUI program.…This application is not part…of the standard Chocolatey install.…It's actually an application created…by another group of developers.…It's easy to install with this command.…You see in PowerShell, I've called choco list…and I've found my package.…
And now I'm ready to install the package…and after a few seconds, I see a success message.…Now let's run Chocolatey.…I'll press the Window key on my keyboard…Search for choco, there's the app…it's called ChocolateyGUI.…On my machine, I'm asked if I…want to eliminate my permissions…for running this application.…That's because I have the user account controls turned on…You may not see this dialogue.…This allows me to run as an administrator…Click yes.…
Then I'll click on the maximize button.…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.