NuGet packages are eventually published to a NuGet repository. This tutorial shows how to use the Visual Studio build engine to publish the package to a private repository.
- [Voiceover] After I build and test,…then I want to publish the package.…Because I'm using the NuGet packager template,…it will publish the package automatically when I'm ready.…If this is a debug build, then the package…is generated and placed in the project folder.…I'll show you.…In my project, I'll select the Show All Files button,…and then I'll build my project.…After the build is finished, I'll switch back…to Solution Explorer and click on the Refresh button.…
There are two files added to the root of my project.…These are the package files.…The name of the package is determined by the settings…I modified in the package.nuspec file…This first one is my package project.…You'll notice there's a second package here…with the word symbols in it.…That's because, in my library folder,…when I added my dll I also added my pdb file,…which is my debugging symbols file.…Because I added the debug symbols file to the lib folder,…the build engine added the symbols package.…To deploy to the public NuGet gallery, or my private…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.