Once you have Boxstarter installed, you can install a single Chocolatey package from the browser using the Windows Click-Once technology. This is a quick and easy way to install the package and get the restart features in Boxstarter.
- [Voiceover] Once you have Boxstarter installed,…you can install a single Chocolatey package…from the browser.…This is a quick and easy way to install the package…and get the restart features in Boxstarter.…Just use this URL.…boxstarter.org/package.…At the end of the URL,…use the package ID that you want to install.…Because this uses the Microsoft click-once installer system,…you have to use Internet Explorer,…or have a click-once extension installed…in Chrome or Firefox to successfully complete the operation.…
I'll run Internet Explorer as an administrator.…This will block a few of the extra dialogs…I'll see during the install process.…For this demonstration,…I'll use the seven zip install.…So I'll type in…boxstarter.org/pack/7zip.install…7zip.install is the ID for the package.…And then I'll press the enter key.…This launches Windows power shell…and starts showing me some information.…I see at the top it's installing package 7zip.install.…
It shows me what version of Boxstarter I'm using,…version 2.6.41.…It tells me down here that Boxstarter may need…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.