Before you can use NuGet in Visual Studio you have to ensure that it’s installed. It's part of the default tools in a normal installation. This tutorial show how to verify that NuGet is installed, how to add if you’ve removed it from your Visual Studio and how to update to a newer version from the Visual Studio Extension manager.
- [Voiceover] Before you can use NuGet…in Visual Studio, you have to ensure that it's installed.…You probably have it installed already…because it's part of the default tools…in a normal installation.…I'll show you how to verify that it's installed…and how to add it if you've removed it…from your Visual Studio.…In this course, I'll be working with NuGet…and Visual Studio 2015.…Here, I'm using the free community edition.…NuGet is also available in all the 2015 editions…and is also apart of Visual Studio 2013, 2012, and 2010.…
There are two parts of a NuGet install.…There are the NuGet libraries,…and there are the Visual Studio extension.…When you install the extension,…it also installs the libraries…and some custom PowerShell command lists.…Let's click and see what version I have installed.…I'll open the help menu and choose…the About Microsoft Visual Studio menu item.…And I'll scroll down the list until I…find NuGet package manager.…This shows that I have 3.0.0 installed…on my computer.…Your installed version number may be different…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.