The first step in using Chocolatey is to install it. Be aware, it is not a traditional install, remember it's an extension of PowerShell. As such, the basic steps are to download a zip file from the Chocolatey servers and register the Chocolatey commands with PowerShell. It’s a fairly simple process, though different from running a Windows installer.
- The first step in using Chocolatey is to install it.…Be aware, it's not a traditional install.…Remember that it's an extension of PowerShell.…As such, the basic steps are to download a Zip file…from the Chocolatey servers and…register the Chocolatey commands with PowerShell.…It's a fairly simple process, though different…from running a Windows Installer.…I'm working on a Windows 10 virtual machine…that has a fresh install of Windows.…That means that only the programs that…ship with Windows are installed.…I'll verify that by pressing the Windows key,…then opening All Apps.…
As you can see from this list,…it's just the default programs.…Next, I'll make a trip to the Chocolatey website…here at chocolatey.org, and I'll follow…the instructions in the Easy Install section.…Essentially what I need to do is copy…this string here,…and run this in a PowerShell prompt.…Before I can run that script from Chocolatey,…I need to raise my execution privileges.…First let's see what my execution privileges are.…I'll use the Get Executionpolicy Commandlet.…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.