There are thousands of Chocolatey packages available on the Chocolatey server. This tutorial shows how to use the website to explore the packages. Plus, you'll learn how to find package IDs with PowerShell.
- [Voiceover] I think my experience as a new…chocolatey user was typical.…For me, once I realized that I could automate my…install process, I started looking through the…chocolatey package repository to see how many…of my preferred developer tools were available.…Most of my favorite tools were there, and I…soon discovered others that I didn't know about.…In this session, I'll show you how to use the…chocolatey website to explore the packages.…Plus, I'll show you how to find package IDs…with PowerShell.…The first step is to go to the chocolatey website…and navigate to the "Packages" section.…
This lists all the packages available…from the public server.…As you can see there are about 3700 community-maintained…packages, as of today.…They're listed in order of popularity.…Obviously, chocolatey has to be the most popular package,…it's at the top of the list.…And that's followed by the Flash Player Plugin,…Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and so on.…If you scroll down this page, I'll guarantee you…you'll see some of your favorite developer tools.…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.